We are in the process of re-branding our Homework Diaries as Home/School Learning Logs. A Learning Log is a journal which evidences pupil learning and skills development. It is not just a diary of what has been done but a record of what has been learnt, tried and reflected upon.
Pupils can include details of what they did or how they did something then consider asking themselves questions such as:
- The most important thing I learned was…..
- What I found difficult was…..
- What I found interesting was…..
- What I enjoyed most was …..
- What I want to find out more about is…..
- What I need more help with…..
- What still puzzles me…..
- What surprised me was…..
- What I was most pleased about was…..
- What I have learned that is new…..
- What helped me when something got tricky was…..
- What really made me think was…..
- Right now I feel…..
- I might have learned better if…..
We have made some exemplars of how the format for Home/School Learning Logs may look. Please make comments below to let us know your thoughts. We will be adjusting these formats with this in mind.