At Inverlochy Primary, lunchtime is a time for children to relax and refuel after a morning of hard work and active learning! Our lunchtimes are from 12:15pm to 1:15pm every day.
For all children in Primary 1-3 school dinners are free! School meals for Primary 4-7 are £2.10. If you wish to pay by cheque for school dinners please make them payable to Highland Council.
If your child has any allergies or dietary requirements we are happy to accommodate. Please request a dietary requirements form from the school canteen. Applications for free school meals can also be obtained from the office.
Please click on the link below to download our school dinner menu.
Free school meals can be claimed if you are receiving any one of the following:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £6,420 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- If you are 16 to 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself
- If you are an asylum seeker receiving support
Children in primary 1 – 3
Remember if a child is in primary 1-3 they are automatically entitled to a free school meal, no application is necessary. However applications for assistance with school clothing must still be made.
Guidance for parents
Primary 1 to 3 free school meals are a Scottish government funded initiative
- The meal is optional
- Primary 1 to 3 children are only entitled to a school meal at lunchtime. Parents and carers need to provide pupils with money for any other service provision in school such as morning break or breakfast
- There is no application process involved
- Parents and carers of primary 1 to 3 children still need to apply for clothing grants where applicable
- Parents and carers of children in Primary 4 to 7 if entitled still need to apply for free school meals following the usual process
- For medically confirmed special diets, applications need to be completed and returned to the head teacher
- Primary 1 to 3 children who are in a school with no meal provision will be reimbursed for every day that the child has been in attendance at school. This is based on the economic daily rate
Follow the link to apply for free school meals: